Now I am not complaining at all, but Radiotherapy is actually using radiation burning to kill of the deadlies that you don't want. So it is inevitable that once the treatment ends, the burning will start to show and emerge.
The photo to the left shows what my neck looked like on Sunday afternoon - two days after treatment ended. You can see the crusty skin and the burnt creases in my skin. Now this just feel like rather bad sunburn and it doesn't hurt unless you touch it or move your neck too quickly, or stretch it.
So collared shirts are out. They rub against it and if you look closely at the area around my neck, you can see where just a t-shirt can rip the burnt skin off.
I have a heap of curative things to put on it - Cetaphyl cream, Sorbolene etc., but I need to ensure that it stays moist and clean for the next few days because I really can't afford for this to become too raw and possibly get infected.
Can't wait for everything to heal so that I can finally wet shave again. I suspended shaving on about 25th February once they told me that cuts to my face might not heal for weeks.
I need to attend to the neck dressings 4 times a day, which is not too bad, but it is not something you can do on your own. You can try in a mirror but you would need to be far more mirror talented than me. I am stuffed if I can move my hands in the right direction when I am looking in a mirror and trying to complete even the simplest of tasks.
So I am excited with the great improvement in one week and am really now driven to maintain what I am doing in the hope that by the end of this coming week, I will be in a much better position.
It is important to know that the burning that is outside my neck, is also going on inside my throat, but despite all that, I am also seeing great signs that things are well and truly "improving". I can now open my teeth wider than 2 cm. I can actually touch the left hand inner cheek with my tongue. Something that has not been possible for over a month now (due to the tongue burn) and I genuinely believe that some tastes are starting to return. I had a piece of Porterhouse steak the other night and whilst it was slightly overcooked and not quite as rare and moist as I would have liked (which meant it was harder to chew), I am very happy that I could actually taste the steak.
So I am really happy with where I am and look forward to each 24 hour period as even minor improvements provide such positivity.
The next challenge comes when I feel safe and comfortable to venture outside in to the cold (and the sun). I do not want to get cold. It takes a lot of energy to get warm. Very much like sunburn, if direct sunlight hits my face I really know about it. Once that eases, I can get out and start walking on the beach. I don't want to do it later in the day because I don't want to get cold and I can't "rug up" because I don't want anything rubbing against my neck.
I have plenty of time, so I simply take slow small steps. I will get there and the improvements over the last week prove that the me. It took me 8 weeks to get where I am now. I have 7 weeks to get back.... I still have some challenges to get through, but like everything up until now, they do have their "fun" bits.
HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.
ReplyDeleteHello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i received through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have
herbal cure for, FEVER, DIARRHOEA, MOUTH ULCER, MOUTH CANCER FATIGUE, MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER, BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, DISEASE, JOINT PAIN, POLIO DISEASE, PARKINSON'S DISEASE, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, CYSTIC FIBROSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITIS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC PANCERATIC, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS, LEUKAEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.