Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Anticipation

Twelve more hours to go until the next challenge.

Nerves starting to rise slightly.

It will be nice to finally get a clear understanding of what I am dealing with. I go in tomorrow not knowing whether it is just a biopsy or a removal.

I have never been in hospital for any surgical reason and so it is true that there is a rather significant amount of anxiety.  I am not scared at all but having never experienced anything like this, it is anxiety about what to expect.

This whole Cancer scare is not something that really effects me.  I mean there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.  Like old mate Forrest Gump said - Life is like a box of Chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get.

For me the biggest worry is the pressure it puts on those close to me.

There really is a lot to be learnt from this journey. The anxiety that everyone has to deal with on my behalf is unfair and I wish I could take all that away.

For me tomorrow is easy ONCE they start. I will be out to it but Lisa (my wife) and Jayde (one of my amazing daughters) have to play the waiting game.

Obviously the longer it goes the greater their worries.

Fingers and toes crossed for a great outcome cos I want to go to Adelaide for the weekend......  Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment